We're super excited for the release of our newest book, They, She, He easy as ABC
coming OUT March 31st for Transgender Day of Visibility!
From now until the release join us on our Facebook page for
sneak peeks, LIVE writing & art demos with Maya Gonzalez, behind-the-scenes looks, free downloads, and fabulous giveaways (see entry form below)!
FULL LIST OF EVENTS:
LIVE events will be geared toward kids but grown-ups are also welcome and encouraged to play! Learn more about the inspiration for the book and how to create your own inclusive alphabet characters! Like our Facebook page or join our mailing list to stay up-to-date on all of these events.
- Ongoing from now until the release, Sneak Peeks & Free Downloads (view our Facebook page)
- FRIDAY, March 22nd, 10am PST - Reading, Rhyme & Keeping Time! LIVE reading of an excerpt from the book plus writing & rhyme demo with Maya (View the Video Replay)
- MONDAY, March 25th, 4pm PST - Behind-the-Scenes: An Inside Look! Learn more about the inspiration and artwork from the book LIVE with Maya (View the Video Replay)
- THURSDAY, March 28th, 2pm PST - Drawing like Me is easy as ABC! Learn LIVE from Maya how to draw the characters in the book! (View the Video Replay)
- SUNDAY, March 31st, 4pm PST - The Dance of Color! Bringing Color to Trans Visibility in Children's Books It’s Trans Day of Visibility AND Cesar Chavez Day. Let’s talk about why it’s so important to not only include but give center stage to our kids of color in children’s books while we learn how to use watercolors to bring characters to life! Plus we’ll also be announcing our giveaway winners! (More info & to get a reminder on the day)
WE'RE GIVING AWAY FREE STUFF!
Signed books, T-Shirts, Posters, Stickers & more! 4 Entries total will be selected. One of those entries will be a special one-of-a-kind opportunity! One amazing kid will get to send a photograph of themself and Maya will draw you in the LIVE demo videos on March 28th and 31st, including create a short rhyme about you in the style of the book! You'll get to keep the original art & have a personalized book of They, She, He easy as ABC with your character and rhyme on the first page!
*Please note that anyone (grown-ups and kids alike) can enter the giveaway for books & swag but only a kid will be selected for the personalized art & book. A legal guardian must fill out entry forms for kids under 18. Only 1 entry per person.